Tuesday, March 11, 2014

How I'm Doing So Far

So it's been a little over two months since I started Weight Watchers and I really like the program. It's easy to work with and I approach it sort of like a game.

"I want mint chocolate chip ice cream for desert...If I eat a low points dinner then I should be able to have points left over for desert."

"I want macaroni and cheese...go to EmilyBites.com and follow her recipe for Buffalo Chicken & Macaroni and Cheese Muffins."

Seriously...go to her site. Get the recipe. Even if you aren't on Weight Watchers. It's delicious and I MUST have it at least once a week now. Try it. Let me know if you like it.

I actually track my weight tomorrow so I'll post a brief update on that when I do. But  really just wanted to update you on where life is at for me at the moment.

I'm in the middle of my second week at my new job. It's been crazy and hectic and soooo enjoyable. I love this job already. It has some of the elements of what I was already doing, webcast production, support and education, but now I get to actually build processes and best practices and I LOVE doing things like that. Its fulfilling and rewarding to be able to save the company money all the time. And I have a great boss. She's very supportive and unlike my last employer, really wants to understand my role and how I do what I do. I have to admire that.

(Just an aside...G is, at this very moment, checking my pockets for my phone because he wants to play music to dance to. I love his tenacity because he keeps asking..."Where is the phone? I want to sing. Where is the phone? Is it in your pocket?")

And now a funny story...

While I was putting together dinner tonight G was dancing around me begging to go outside and swing on our tire swing. I finished what I was doing and popped it into the oven to bake and proceeded to take him out to the swing. When we got out there I noticed that the bottom of it (It's hanging vertically) was filled with nasty water and I didn't want any of that getting on G or me. 

So I did what I've seen Husband-Man do a million times and I grabbed the swing and swung it really hard at the tree so that it would bounce against the tree and splash the water out. 

It worked. YAY!! 

But then, it came swinging back. I wasn't standing where I was going to get hit so I was laughing and giggling with Gabriel who thought it was all very funny. Until the rope on the swing played out, and the tire jerked at the bottom of the rope...and sent a huge stream of mucky, nasty, leafy, black, swampy winter water right. In. My. FACE!!! And in my MOUTH!!! OMG. So gross!

I was covered in nasty stuff and yelling for Husband-Man, who ran out and when he saw what had happened very kindly didn't laugh, though I could tell it was taking an effort to hold it in. As I stood there soaked and embarrassed and disgusted, he shared what I'm sure he thought was a kind and loving thought, that was going to comfort me and make me feel better. He says, "This is one of the things I love most about you. No one else ever has things like this happen to them, but they happen to you all the time. I really love that about you." 
Nice thought...Yes. I love him too. And I appreciated the thought. I'll be reminding him of it the next time something wacky happens to me and he gets frustrated. Not gonna lie...that happens too.

But here is my question...a great deal of that nasty water got into my mouth because I was laughing when it splashed me...Am I going to die? Do I need a shot?

If I die...I'll be really sad. I'm going to refuse to die. I'm just going to say no to death. That'll work...right?

Anyway...

That's where my nutshell is at the moment. Stay tuned tomorrow for a brief post about my weigh in and keep staying tuned for other adventures. I also have to own up to getting side tracked on working on This Is Not A Book, with the new job and all the insanity that has entailed I've been neglecting a few things. I'll post an update on that as well soon. I did a really fun one that I can't wait to share with you but it's not ready just yet for it.

As always, thanks for reading and spending time with me. 

Smooches!
Shelley

PS: Be sure to find me on Facebook here and follow me on Twitter @InANutShelley. You can also find me on Instagram as InANutShelley.

No comments: